Help! Glowforge paused and won't resume!

Hi! Today I had to leave the house and was a hour into a 2 hour print. I pressed the pause button and left praying everything would be fine. When I returned I pressed the button again but nothing happened. Over the last 4 hours I’ve pressed the button multiple times with no response. The button is lit solid and power is still on. I reset the glowforge design space and it still says “print paused, press button to resume”. I’m terrified or ruining the whole project.

You should never leave your machine unattended while printing or paused - the manual is pretty clear about that. The pause function is designed to allow you to take a short break, not to leave it while you go run errands.

Suggest in future you don’t start a project if you’re not able to monitor the machine until it completes. It does provide a print time estimate before you press the magic button.

1 Like

There is a bug in that the fan keeps running when you hit that pause button, I have had that fan keep running even after the job is over, If the fan is sunning in place for too long it heats up the head. With the head overheated it will not proceed, and running the fan will not make it better. So the whole machine needs to be shut off for an hour to allow the head to cool down.

If you have set the machine on pause for a long time the print is already ruined, and leaving the fan to get ever hotter can, I expect, ruin the fan.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the pause feature. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge and it looks like the print at the time of your report did finish successfully.

Did you have any trouble after the print restarted?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.