HELP: Head not found/ Laser not firing

Hello GF Community!

I am reaching out because I’ve hit a wall this evening. I have so much work to be done.
Unfortunately, my GF started with a “head not found” “homing” issue.

I followed all the directions listed to clean and check my printer’s connections and after gently cleaning it it worked the first time then when starting to engrave a coaster, I realized the laser wasn’t firing. After stopping the print, I waited and then turned off the GF.
After waiting a couple minutes I turned it back on and I am here again with the “Head not found” issue.

I have followed all directions listed, gently cleaned all lens… and yet, I am still receiving this error message.

Please help!
Much thanks in advance… would like to get back to printing asap :frowning:

With your machine off, disconnect the white cable - take pictures of both the male and female ends - and then reconnect (presuming you don’t see anything noticeably off - broken/bent tines happen). Then take a look along the length of your white cable - are there any cracks or exposed areas? Debris can rub and wear off the white coating which will expose the wires and cause issues.

Fingers crossed it’s something easy!

Mine also … BOTH OF MY MACHINES SAID THE SAME THING AT THE SAME TIME! I THINK GLOWFORGE IS THE ISSUE! EVERY WEEK THERE SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE!

1 Like

I emailed support two days ago and still haven’t had any response. Please let me know if you find a solution! Homing is fine now but my laser is still not firing with engraving. Hoping to get help soon! :anguished:

I went to the chat services on the support section and a technical engineer emailed me later that afternoon and told me that the issue was fixed

Hi Teiya,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge and I’ll be helping you troubleshoot today.

It looks like we continued troubleshooting with you over email.

I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by either creating an email ticket or a new forum post!