Help head not found

I cleaned my GF Sunday and my head can’t be found. I have taken it apart and out it back together several times. I have checked the wheels, they are fine. I have cleaned connections, I have cleaned the top of the printer head. I am disgusted with GF as they emailed monday and told me to do the same things I’ve 20 times. Have told them that then 2 days later still no response. I have orders to fill and craft shows coming up I can’t afford to be down for days waiting for them to respond to do what I’ve already done.

Just like any tech support, they have to confirm you’ve done the basic things before they can escalate - griping about it doesn’t speed up your service. I get you’re frustrated, but not clearly answering and opening duplicate tickets will slow them down even further.

The head not found is usually an issue with the cable that connects the head. I’m sure they asked this, but you should check both ends and make sure each of the connections are straight and connecting evenly. It’s also possible for there to be a break within the plastic coating. That won’t be visible, but you might be able to feel it if you check carefully. A few folks have been able to extend the life of their cables by putting tape across the weakened area.

The staff will close this post as soon as they realize it’s a duplicate - and for faster communication you should respond to the original email train you started. Give them as much data as possible so they can get you working ASAP.

4 Likes

I highly recommend reaching out during chat hours or I think we can call now, right? That will always be faster than email.

This is pretty common, not unique to Glowforge. If you need something urgently, chat or phone support is much more timely.

They closed chat now that they’ve opened phone.

1 Like

Even better!

how do I call?

This may be a long shot but, do you have anything on the crumb tray when you get the Head Not Found message. I have gotten this message when I had a special jig on the crumb tray when powering up the GF and cured the problem by covering the jig with a black cloth.

No…nothing

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

1 Like