HELP! How do I revert to the Glowforge's suggested file settings...?

HELP! How do I revert to the Glowforge’s suggested file settings once it objects to a change I made in the settings? I can’t find a way to make the settings revert to the original values and I don’t want to REBUILD the entire design file?

Is there a simple way to get the setting reset?

Ritchie

1 Like

Yep. :slightly_smiling_face:

Click the Thumbnail, then click on the words “Proofgrade Cut” to select it. (Watch where the blue checkmark lands.)

3 Likes

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!! I’ve only had my Glowforge for a few days so I still feel like I’m working in the dark.

Thank you again.

Ritchie

4 Likes

That initial learning curve resolves quickly! Have fun with it! :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome! I know it seems overwhelming, but keep plugging away. This forum is a gold mine of info and inspiration, and we’ll be here if/when you get stuck. :slight_smile:

Just for learning purposes, there’s also a “Past Prints” button that lets you see all the previous times you’ve printed something. and you can find it under the three dots at the top and next to the “T”. And those three little dots on the far right allow you to either roll back to a previous print setting or you make a working copy of it. It’s super helpful when you change things and forget to save a setting that you liked etc. (Disclaimer; I haven’t tried, but I assume it also works with GF files, but I could be wrong.)

And if you make a custom setting you like, you can also save it here with those little buttons on the top right. And the bottom pic is an example of what my saved settings look like.

And lastly, this is my favorite link and understanding what the different setting do is really helpful I think. Along with the manual info, there’s a bunch of awesome tutorials too.

4 Likes

@ritchie1969 I am sorry for any frustration and confusion while using the app. I am so glad you were able to get some great advise from our amazing community. If you ever have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.