HELP. Laser Head Wiggly

Hi guys!! Just set up my new glowforge Pro. I bought it slightly used (10 minutes or less) I noticed that the silver tray that the black laser head attaches too is super wobbly. Are the two rubber knobs supposed to be riding on the track of the ledge of tube to support the laser head? Is there a way to tighten it? I don’t want to break anything tinkering around with it. I hope this makes sense. I really want to get my machine fired up and running! Thanks for any help/suggestions.

It might help if you took some photos of the exact spot you are talking about so that no one gives you the wrong information. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just start a new post for each picture and drag and drop it onto the post - I think new users are limited to one photo per post in the beginning.

1 Like

Yeah that’s probably a good idea… I can do that as soon as I get home. It’s like the laser head is hanging or somewhat dangling on an angle when it moves bc the bottom silver tray is not secure or latched. But I will post a picture for better understanding! Thanks!

The mounting plate may have been dislodged - it’s got spring mounted attachment points. Probably going to be able to just pop it back on the gantry and then everything will be well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you thank you!! I will try that. I think you’re on to something there :slight_smile:

I encourage you to take a look at the support pages before you do much more.
This is a good one to start with: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/unboxing-setting-up/unboxing-and-setting-up-your-glowforge

Edit: I support this one might, technically, be the best to start with: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/safety/introduction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes (they are plastic wheels) and there is a third spring loaded one at the back so it clips onto the rail back and front. Sounds like yours has come off. By pushing the sprung one backwards you should be able to clip it back on.

1 Like

Visual:

5 Likes

Oh, actually two sprung wheels on X.

I’m sorry for the challenging start, @sce. Thanks, all, for the help.

It looks like you’ve been able to start printing since you started this topic. Could you please let me know if you’re still having any trouble? Thanks!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.