Help me with leather ! Almost burn :(

Hello !! Second time using my laser. I asked a few days ago about leather settings … but I don’t think is going well … this is a jewelry travel case . I used full speed , 80 power and 240 LPI ( because I wanted a little deeper engrave ) … both of this designs were done with the same settings … the one on top didn’t mark enough and the one below is almost burned … is this because of the power or the LPI? . I masked the whole top .!Any input is really appreciated. image|375x500

2 Likes

Thanks Jules … I tried with that but it didn’t do any marks in the case :frowning: so I increase the power …

1 Like

No masking. It takes about 10% power to burn through the paper. If you don’t mask it, it will mark the leather. (And if you do have to increase power, do it gradually. 80% is too high.)

4 Likes

I’ll do it tomorrow first thing!! Thanks :pray:

2 Likes

WAIT! Hold it! I just took a closer look at that…Is that real leather? Cause it looks like pleather to me, and you don’t want to burn that in a laser.

If that is fake leather, you run the risk of it containing PVC. Not something you want to burn in a laser. (Please check it out before continuing.)

7 Likes

I agree. Looks like faux leather. And even if it’s real leather, it’s probably chrome tanned, which may also be questionable for your health.

5 Likes

Hello the manufacturer said is PU leather . Also should I leave the LPI with the same number or should I go lower . Thanks

i don’t think this will work in a laser cutter.

PU leather is an artificial leather material made with split leather (that’s the fibrous part of the hide left over from making genuine leather ) which has been coated with polyurethane (hence the name “ PU ”), and then applied to the surface of the furniture.

1 Like

I’m so glad I ask … I saw someone using the same bag and I bought it … the person said they used the GF… I didn’t even think about doble checking …

Thank you so much

1 Like

I don’t think that is the same bag. In the original photo you can see the stitching…

3 Likes

Moved to Beyond the Manual to comply with forum rules regarding posting of non-PG settings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.