Help no power Glowforge stopped in middle of cutting

I was in the middle of printing the new November discovery shuttle design was working on the first out of four sections to cut the Glowforge stopped dead in the middle of the area with no power. I didn’t hear a pop or any noise other than the machine shutting down. It just died all at once. I have tried flipping the switch off and back on, power cycling it so to speak, also tried switching out the cord and Nothing, no power of any kind. I’ve read everything I can on troubleshooting in the forums an nothing is showing any signs of life. Are use it 3-5 days a week sometimes daily although I don’t use it all day every day when printing. The machine Issa out 16 months old I’m thinking power supply from my knowledge of electrics that’s what it seems to be. I read if you post in this forum it automatically opens a ticket so I’m more posting to get them to reply as I need my baby back ASAP to work in order LOL that being said does anybody have a ballpark idea of what a power supply would cost to get replaced shipping Etc. since it’s out of warranty I assume it will be out of my pocket unless they have some type of coverage that covers that type of failure?.?.?.

1 Like

Doesn’t really work that way, but everyone seems to think it’s a good idea.
(It actually just slows things down for everyone.)

They’ll make arrangements with you off the boards, will give you an overall estimate for the repair once they know what it is, and you’ll likely have to ship it to them in order for them to determine what’s wrong with it. (They have no way of knowing what’s wrong, how long it will take, or how much it’s going to cost until they check it over.) Or it’s possible they might offer to replace it with a refurb machine for the cost of the repair if that will take less time. (They might still be moving operations for the repair facility, but we don’t know for sure.)

The refurb at the cost of repair is a good deal if they offer it…refurbs tend to run about twice the cost of repairs and they are available much faster. So that will help you decide what to do if they offer one.

Good luck with it. Hope it’s not too long of a wait.

1 Like

Thank you very much…I hope so too…Thats my Baby, I don’t believe ive been so gentle with anything in my life…lol
I’d definitely rather the replacement at cost of the repair that sounds like a good deal…

1 Like

I don’t want to get your hopes up…we have no idea where they are in the moving process, but they did make that announcement about a month or so ago, so it might still be a thing.

(And I can’t find the notice again from Rita…so it’s just a guess.) :crossed_fingers:

At this point it’s all hope Jules. Lol thanks for your help!

1 Like

Opening multiple tickets slows things down for everyone, but @simpleservant01 actually appears to have noted the instructions, unlike most people, who post AND email. I’m confused why you told them they’ve slowed things down? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.