Help with Engraving. Pertaining to Margin Optimization (BETA)?

Hey All. So I went to engrave some wood tonight for an order and was surprised by the fact that my usually 10 minute engrave now takes 55 minutes. Really confused because I engraved the same thing on the same settings 2 nights ago. I think it may have something to do with the Margin optimization (beta) and I have messed around with it, best I could get was 37 minutes at the lowest setting. Kind of bummed because this particular product will not be feasible if it takes 45+ minutes. Ive been engraving these for years and the more intricate ones take at max 15 minutes. my settings are Speed: 1200, Power: 90, grayscale vary power, 270 LPI, at 1 Pass. Using GF Pro. The particular thing I am engraving is 3 inches by 4 inches… I have messed around with the speed, power, and LPI settings, nothing really helps unless I put the LPI at 10 lol. Im the kind of person who likes to set things and have them work the exact same every time I use the machine. I even had to make a special jig and removed the crumb tray for this product. So this is a step backward for me. Hopefully I don’t have to go back in and redesign, experiment, and dial in settings again. TIA for any help.

I don’t see how a 3x4" design at 1200/90/270 can take 55 minutes either.

Have you tried letting it print and seeing how long it really takes?

Normally you’d expect it to take whatever time it says on the screen, but one other person posted on a Facebook group today about an estimate showing much longer time than the job actually took, so I wonder if there’s a newly introduced bug here.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag. We’re seeing this too, and we’ve followed up with you on your email request. I’m going to close this post for now so we can continue the conversation via email.