Help with inkscape for a design cut

Hi! So, I’m trying to figure out how I can keep the center of this pattern intact when I cut it. I have tried so many different ways and when I cut it it doesn’t leave the center intact which I would like to engrave on. I am cutting this design out of wood. Basically if you look at the design I want all the black to be what is left when I cut it. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!!!

You will have to add score lines to the yellow parts. I am not very good at Inkscape so someone will have to suggest how to score those parts.

Tat makes sense…not sure how though in inkscape. lol

2 Likes

Right click and save as, Just drag and drop it on your dashboard, it should give you what you want.

SVG Design

I dropped it in Inkscape, And then ‘Edit/Trace Bitmap’. Then 'Object/Fill & ‘Stroke’/No fill, ‘Stroke’ - set to black.
Try that on a scrap to test it for what you want.

6 Likes

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! THANK YOU! IT WORKED PERFECTLY! :pray: :pray:

4 Likes

Spiral Circle
Try this one, The red outline is cut, should leave the center to be able to engrave. Good Luck

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

It’s this community that’s amazing, that’s where I learned it.
Any time you spend learning Inkscape will open the door to releasing your creativity, it will pay back in spades.
There is a very good YouTube channel called “Logos by Nick”, you can find a tutorial for every tool or procedure in Inkscape there. Seriously, spend a couple of hours learning the program and you’re all set!

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

Just subscribed to it!
Thank you!

2 Likes

I have been with the Glowforge community over 3 years. The generosity and kindness from everyone is the number one reason I am still here.

4 Likes

Yes, anytime I need help someone is always there!
BTW, I have two Westies! Roman and Nico.

2 Likes

You are so blessed to have 2 Westies!!

We have never had two Westies at the same time.

Jimmy Wayne Westie is our 3rd Westie. He went to the vet last month he weighed 31.5 pounds. His new vet said— “I have never seen a Westie this big.” My response “He eats French dog food!” Both of us started laughing.

He is a solid Westie not even 1 pound overweight.

3 Likes

So adorable!

He’s just a big boy!

Here is Roman (left) and Nico (rt.)

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this picture —- I needed to come here and have a great big smile.

Are Roman and Nico brothers?

Hi!
No, Roman is 12 and Nico is 1.5.

1 Like

I am so sorry—- I thought I replied. I hope Nico will keep Roman young and healthy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.