Hexagon Wall Hangings

Hi, Just thought I would quickly share my latest little project.

My daughter made a set of hexagon shaped shelves in my shop to hang on the wall for a decorative art piece. She sent me these photos of the finished project.

So I started thinking, maybe I could submit an addition to her art project. So I fired up the laser and came up with this:

I designed the honeycomb layers in Inkscape and bought the bee images on Creative Market stock graphic sight.

Of course I had to put something in to personalize it :slight_smile:

She was pretty happy to add it to her wall.
Now that I have it finished other ideas popped into my head. Next I think I may make a clock…

67 Likes

This is a fine piece of artwork / such a delicate honeycomb!

4 Likes

Thank You! I thought for sure that the bottom layer was going to be burnt to a crisp but it held up well.

Love how you combined the fluid shape with the rigid honeycomb design - and layered as well!

2 Likes

Oh my! That is excellent! :grinning:

2 Likes

Outstanding!

2 Likes

What a fabulous addition! I’ve been wanting to tackle a bee hive myself. You’ve inspired me! Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

The different depth was a nice touch.
Makes it stand out (pun not intended).

4 Likes

The shelves look really great! I agree, the various depths are neat.

3 Likes

Does anyone else sometimes just sit back in awe of this machine and what it allows us to do and the creativity it sparks? @tjleasa sees something inspiring and is able to act in it and make a beautiful piece of art for a loved one. It’s so beautiful.

9 Likes

Well said! Still in awe of this machine after years now.

@tjleasa, great work!

6 Likes

:heartbeat: x100. I could not agree with you more. I never felt that I’m naturally an artistically inclined person (Right brain, left brain thing, I’m sure) but always wanted to be; draw, paint, play music, etc. A year ago, pre-GF, I never would have had the ability to make a project like that but more importantly I don’t think I would have even thought of it.
I have a small workshop in my basement and I think the GF (along with my 3-d printer and CNC), has even increased my ability to use my traditional tools in a more creative way.

6 Likes

That is fantastic! I love how the gf allows us to never see what the limits of our imagination are.

4 Likes

Oh wow, what a gorgeous piece! You definitely elevated a very nice set of shelves to the status of an art piece.

4 Likes

Very creative and beautiful piece!

3 Likes

A decent amount of layered projects coming out lately, obviously I must add a layered projects to “the list” :wink:

Great work, it really came out fantastic!

2 Likes

I love what you’ve done there. It is a real eye-catcher.

1 Like

Wow! I love all of it!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Heh - I was thinking the same thing!

2 Likes