Hexagonal Gift Box Pattern

Happy Boxing Day!

I needed a quick gift box for one of my drawstring bags and, threw this together. The closing mechanism could likely use a little more work but, it’s functional and looks good. So, I stopped after one prototype.

Here is the pattern, if you would like to make one. I will let you provide your own decoration, if desired.

This is about 10cm tall and 10cm across (~4" x 4") but, should be scalable pretty easily. Note that this is almost as tall as it can get to fit in the normal cutting area of your Glowforge.

(This image is the actual SVG file. Right-click and save to download.)

HexagonalBox

41 Likes

Handy to have on hand, Thanks.

5 Likes

Very nice…thank you! I made a few of these kinds of ‘boxes’ but without your nice closing feature…to put rechargeable votive lights in. They looked very nice at Christmastime. These would look really lovely with those lights in them.

8 Likes

Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

Really like the closure. Thank you!

4 Likes

Fabulous design! Thank you for the share, and happy Boxing Day!

3 Likes

Thanks for the share! I love personalizing everything! My family thinks I’m pretty creative so they can NEVER read this forum and find out the truth and where i get my ideas! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for the share. My daughter’s birthday is next week and I needed something to put her gift in. This will be perfect.

2 Likes

Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Very nice! I’m new here, so I’m not sure what material was used for that. Could you tell me? TIA.

Welcome! And thank you.

It should work cut from any sufficiently heavy cover/card stock or heavier paper (e.g., a heavy drawing paper, pastel paper, etc.). You just need something with a little rigidity. So, I didn’t mention a specific material.

The specific stock I used is Arjowiggins Curious Collection Ice Gold 300gsm (111lb) cover. It’s spendy special-order stuff and, you don’t need it to make a cool box.

You can also do things like glue a layer of decorative paper (or wrapping paper) over some plain cardstock. That can get you a cool exterior surface while adding some rigidity.

For the native size of the pattern, you’ll need a larger sheet (e.g., 11"x17") but, you can also scale the pattern as desired.

1 Like