Drawstring Bag of Many Projects

I had some of the velvet I embossed left and, I thought it might make a cool drawstring bag. This is another one of my projects that is probably more “touched by a Glowforge” than “made on a Glowforge” exactly.

The bottom is faux/vegan leather (Saddle Collection) engraved and cut on the Glowforge.

I cut the fabric by hand but, I used Glowforge-cut patterns.

I also made a tool to help separate the kumihimo floss for the drawstring. The floss separator design files are in the FLD section in case they are of use to anyone else.

There is a video of the whole project, of course:

Canonical link to the blog posts (more pictures, different text):

35 Likes

Terrific bag. Thanks for the write up and link to the floss separator.

2 Likes

Cool use of your tools! Those dice have me :drooling_face: too :blush:

4 Likes

@CMadok Watch this video. Japanese braiding. Very exquisite!!

I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED the video. I want you to immediately adopt me. I will the best loving daughter. I would love to hang out with you and sew, craft, design, etc.

You have put in so much thought and time into this gorgeous bag. I would not sell it for less than $1000!!

1 Like

Yeah, those turquoise dice are sexy. Very photogenic and, they feel great, too!

@JimmyWayneWestie Aww, shucks. Thanks!

2 Likes

Exceptional work, as always. Love your videos.

3 Likes

Last night, Eric my husband watched your video. He said your attention to detail needs to be respected. He also said— you are a man of great patience!!

Eric does not sew or craft anything but he does appreciate and respect creativity.

In 26 years, he has watched me hand sew many 3 inch Teddy Bears —-that take 10 solid hours to make or cheered me on when I entered one of my quilts into a competition.

4 Likes

Very cool! I really like the floss separator, as I love to cross-stitch, and it will come in very handy. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

That is gorgeous!

2 Likes

What a wonderful package all those pieces make!

2 Likes