High-res engraving

Sweet! That looks great

In my experience, engraving aluminum cleans up well w/ a rag and iso alcohol. But, thats with a fiber laser. I dont know about co2.

1 Like

In my experience, no need for film or a maskā€¦ aluminum etches clean, no need for cleanup afterwards.

5 Likes

This was off the shelf from the manufacturer (thetrackr.com), no special masking or cleanup. I donā€™t remember the engrave time but it was a few minutes.

5 Likes

I have a ton of little metal square from lowes that came from the metal backsplash tiles. Do you think that is something that we could etch on? I believe they are stainless but may be brushed aluminum

If anondized - or using a marking compound like Cermark.

5 Likes

Exactly @vettha!

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to get that ā€œWhoa! This is going to exceed my expectations.ā€ feeling, that Iā€™ve gotten with very few products.

12 Likes

My wife saw the parkour goat videos and pretty seriously wants a goat now. :sigh:

7 Likes

If you get one. pick this one haha
the backflip is in the past 10 seconds.

6 Likes

They are hell on fences and kill trees.

Great for weed control
The milk taste great and is more nutritious than cow milk.

Yes, they are supper fun to watch.

They kill trees, They kill trees, They kill trees, They kill treesā€¦

6 Likes

goats are by far the best way to get rid of a hillside full of poison oak.

6 Likes

And I assume that they are only cute and ā€œparkour-yā€ when they are babies?

4 Likes

Iā€™m about to OD on cute! :smile:

1 Like

ya they are more active as babies but still love to climb and rub on fences when older. If you have a pile of big rocks then that is where you will find them. Or on the roof of an old dog house.

3 Likes

If they are able to meet all their stated goals I feel the same. Its nice to have a crappy laser to see how much better this could potentially be.

4 Likes

Do we have any good examples of curved anodized AL engraving? The curved solution is the most interesting to me.

1 Like

I can put my hands on a warped mac book air 1st gen we could use to testā€¦

2 Likes

Im very excited to do this on a Macā€¦ but I think I will need to buy some old and damaged ones before my girlfriend let do one test on her Mac :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

How long did it approximately take?