High-res engraving

1 Like

Doesnā€™t that make laser wood?

1 Like

I think he will just know later than earlier.

You get a Glowforge, she gets a goat. Be happy she only wants a goat.

7 Likes

How many seasons to remove the poison oak with the goats? (Just corrected spelling error, somehow ā€œgoatsā€ became ā€œGodā€, thatā€™s just weird).

3 Likes

I get a Glowforge and so does sheā€¦ no goats. :wink:

5 Likes

I want some of these goats.

8 Likes

Good thing they are domesticated, that trait would ensure they are an easy lunch, and would quickly be erased from the gene pool.

4 Likes

Wellā€¦

Many farmers put them with their horses, cows, or other animals as a sacrificial animal incase of preadetor attack.

5 Likes

Did not need to know that! :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Lol sorry.

On a little better note, donkeys will fight off or kill a coyote.

4 Likes

Speaking of predatorsā€¦

(okay, we werenā€™t, but Iā€™m going for a topic switch since now Iā€™m thinking of cute little goats being thrown to the wolves and i need to get my mind re-directedā€¦pronto)

I looked out the window late last night shortly before bed and spotted a critter strolling around the neighborhood that doesnā€™t have to worry about predators of any kindā€¦

Care to guess?

2 Likes

Skunkā€¦

2 Likes

Yup! :grin:

Big one too. We had one heck of a time getting he and his family relocated last year. (The babies are just adorable though, even if you donā€™t want to startle one heading out to the garage at night.)

4 Likes

I had my Westie out front and looked down the street to see something wandering our way. I called her inside before she saw it (or she would have gone to say hi), and just before I closed the front door it passed by, a coyote with ā€œsomethingā€ dangling from its mouth.

5 Likes

Yikes! :neutral_face:

2 Likes

A bobcat triggered our motion lights this morning. Looked outside to see a bobcat just sitting there looking back at me. In the time it took for me to get my phone out of my pocket and unlocked for a picture, it was completely gone. Much prefer seeing the bobcat to the mountain lion we saw just a month earlier. Had a juvenile black bear digging in our trash two years back.

5 Likes

Now that I live in town, the only ā€œwildlifeā€ i have to worry about are these guys. I kill several each week throughout the summer.
This one was on the inside of my door pull.

6 Likes

Holy kaka!

Spiders (and mice) hate the scent of Peppermint essential oil, which fortunately is one of the cheapest you can buy.

Hit Amazon - buy an ounce or two of Peppermint Essential Oil (not extract) and put about 30-60 drops into an 8 oz sprayer bottle, add an ounce of vegetable oil to make it stick, then fill with water.

Shake well and spray the entrances to the house, the attic, floorboardsā€¦anywhere they might hang out.

They will git the heck out oā€™ Dodge.

For mice, saturate a few cotton balls in the diluted (with regular vegetable oil - grapeseed is good) essential oil and toss them into corners. Spray too - anything that can tolerate it.

It drives them out and makes your home an unpopular place.

Use gloves when you mix it. Pure peppermint essential oil is highly concentrated, and will accelerate your heart rate if it soaks through your skin in large quantities. Canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve buzzed myself by getting lazy with the gloves.

Correct mixing ratio is 30 drops of essential oil/ounce of carrier oil.

15 Likes

Iā€™m going to do that TODAY.
Thanks @Jules

3 Likes