HO Scale (1:87) Water Mill

I have been following your work and am just in awe… When I found this to use, I was SO excited! I know I likely cannot begin to replicate the beauty of yours, I would absolutely love to try :slight_smile: However, how do I download the svg provided in the original post? I feel so silly asking, but… lol

Not silly - it’ll be second nature in no time :slight_smile: Right click and Save As - SVG

AFAIK it doesn’t work in Edge or IE - but does in Chrome/Safari/Firefox and a few others. If you don’t get the Save As option for SVG, use a different browser.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s very funny to me that I had to enlarge the last photo to correct my assumption that it was the actual location that inspired this project. Only to learn that it was also THE project!! lol. Nice work

3 Likes

It finally does work in the newest versions of Microsoft Edge!

1 Like

Thank you SO much!! Worked like a charm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love your scale model! Your detail is wonderful. If you don’t mind, I’m going to try and make a G scale model of this, I’ll start with the ladder and then the water wheel. I hope I’m able to do this with little modifications. If you allow me to do this, do you have any suggestions or tips??

3 Likes

Thanks! By all means, scale it up. :slight_smile: I’m sorry I don’t have any tips to scale it up but at least there are not any tabs on it that would need to be changed. Have fun!!!

5 Likes

I see the water wheel has tabs, but that’s easy enough to change. I’m also thinking it might need a little more thought in scaling up and designing it with tabs to join. Hmmm… this is why we make these things, because it’s a challenge, right?

1 Like

O ya, you’re correct. I forgot about those ones. But now that you mention them I remember. I also remember it was a pain in the but to get those all lined up during assembly. I just recently tried to make another mill and designed a different wheel. This one was way easier to put together. I used .06" material but this will give you an idea for an alternative. I just put the little spacers in-between the two bigger wheels and the paddles slide right on. :grinning:

Here is the file if ya want to play with it…

Water Wheel

13 Likes

Another great design, thank you. I’ll probably play with both.

2 Likes

I love the design work you did on this. I cut it out of photo matte board just to see if it would work, The more time I spent building it, the more I actually wanted to make a full model. Thanks for re-igniting an old passion from my youth.

19 Likes

Talk about awesome. Great Goobly-Goo-Goo that’s awesome.

Keep Creating PLEASE.

2 Likes

Love it! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

It looks great, and it’s so cool this rekindled your passion for models. :heart:

7 Likes

Holy moly, that’s insanely cool!

Simply beautiful work! Thank you for sharing

This is some things I was hoping to see come out as I want to be able to build for my HO of my hometown once I get my hands into more of GF and such.

1 Like

That would be awesome! A hometown in HO scale…hope to see your results.

3 Likes

#necrogame

What can you say, this is pure gold.

3 Likes

He has posted some outstanding things on Facebook - the one today was pretty amazing.

2 Likes