Home Team "Snowglobe"

Hi everyone! We have a thing in our family where we’ve always been known to ourselves as “Home Team” and wanted to make something cute to set out for Christmas. Found these adorable Santa, Rudolf, and elf online somewhere a while back and used them to put together our family, in a Snowglobe-style frame, with a layer of acrylic etched with snowflakes.

After some thought, I decided to continue my current trend of sharing at least some files. Right-click and Save As on the below image. The light tan layers I did on Medium Basswood Plywood, the dark tan is a frame layer to hold the acrylic and I did that on medium draftboard (no point wasting good wood that won’t be seen) and the two strokes are just to help me know which side goes down/forward. The blue stroke and fill for the snowflakes is done on medium clear acrylic, and is already reversed for engraving. Assemble smooth side down/out/forward and use the slight distortion in the circle to align it (didn’t think that one through that well!).

Face down, assemble/glue Home Team layer, frame layer with acrylic (smooth side/stroke lines down), elf layer, Santa/Reindeer layer. The back is open, you may wish to add a backing to keep out dust and the such, but compressed air should clean it out nicely if needed. ‘Home Team’ could easily be edited out and replaced with whatever you want.

Thanks for looking, and enjoy! Until next creation, Happy Forging!

Home Team Snow Globe

56 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. It looks great.

5 Likes

Nice layered design! Thanks for the share, home team!

3 Likes

This is adorable. Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Awesome. Where can we get out Home Team tshirts to wear to the games?

3 Likes

Thank you so much! This is adorable.

2 Likes

Out of likes … but I really like this snowglobe! The characters are adorable!

4 Likes

SO CUTE! Love it!

2 Likes

That is so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing it!

3 Likes

I love it!! thanks for the share.

2 Likes

adorable thank you

1 Like

Too cute! Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

This is so cute - thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

I have 10 million projects on my plate right now but I really want to take some time to make one of these. Going to add a backing so I can add some glitter to make it a “shaker” snow globe. Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this great project. It will be a hit.

Keep Creating.

Very cute! Thanks for the share.

1 Like

Awe that’s cute! Thanks for sharing!

It’s so adorable. Thanks a lot for this.

1 Like