Homemade Exhaust port and cap

Now this is art!

1 Like

Any chance you’re planning to upload your fusion files to thingiverse?

2 Likes

FYI, forum rules prohibit asking people to share their work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a rule against sharing if someone would accidentally ask?

The rule is just there to protect new designers from feeling pressured into sharing.

But there’s nothing wrong with the designer deciding to share the file if they like.
You can post it in the Free Files section if you don’t mind sharing it…that’s what it’s there for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh wait a minute…I’m not sure about STL files…eh…probably no one will mind.
(Or Thingiverse.)

I don’t know. :woman_facepalming:

(Oh wait…yeah, I’m sure there are other STL and OBJ files in there - lots of 3D printers among us.)

Well, that was coherent… :smile:

5 Likes

I haven’t ever put anything up on Thingiverse but I just made the Fusion360 files public,
Here are the links for anyone to use. I’m not an expert user so the way I drew them up might be a little unorthodox.
Fusion link for Hose connection and stationary piece.

Fusion Link for Cap with room for insulation

Amazon link to the magnets I used

I noticed that the free file section says made with Glowforge so I hope it’s OK to drop them here.

7 Likes

Yeah, should be fine. (Thanks for sharing them.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Phew, much better :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

i’m guessing you’ll get less leakage there.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that with the first cut. No smell at all until I pulled the wood out. Thank you for the recommendation.

that’s fantastic. glad it made a difference.

1 Like

Thanks for posting your files. Very nice design.

1 Like

So fancy! You did a great job on this.

2 Likes

Been off the forum for a while, and I just saw the note about “forum rules prohibit asking people to share their work.” My apologies. This is a situation where I neglected to read the rules, which I will go do now. I would never want anyone to feel pressured, but I understand the rule, and, if it matters, I feel sort of bad about it. Won’t happen again.

4 Likes

No one judges. Kind of like, only cross the street at the crosswalk. There’s a reason for it but no one really gets bent out of shape over it.

4 Likes

I almost got arrested in San Diego for crossing not in the crosswalk. I was down in Old Town and about 8 or 10 cars back from the intersection. Light just turned red so I started to cut across between the cars in front of me.

A cop popped up behind me and yelled at me to stop. Ordered me back to the curb and then began to read me the riot act. She was really ticked. I made some kind of half-hearted “I’m from out of town” type of feeble excuse. She says “they have laws against jaywalking there too” and I reply (I was younger & dumber then) “But no one takes them seriously”.

Boy did that set her off :smile:

1 Like

My police Captain and a Sgt almost got busted in Las Vegas, cross at the walkways… Too Funny!

1 Like

Oh, I meant regular people. A cop gets upset about a lot of rules that many of us consider suggestions.

5 Likes

No problems, apparently the excess of alcohol and other distractions really gets a lot of pedestrians mauled in Las Vegas. Here they dead stop in the middle of a street in a car to say hi to a cousin… When in Rome…

1 Like

In Miami a while back a plane loaded with Christmas trees ended up crashing down a main drag at rush hour with a number of dead and injured. Interstate 95 was just beyond and the usual bumper to bumper, and so people just got out of their cars across all eight lanes to go look. As a result the interstate was totally blocked and the ambulances and other emergency vehicles were considerably late getting to the scene, as well as getting the injured to hospitals.

When traveling in Los Angeles area we kept hearing about how bad the traffic and drivers were but they seemed much better that what we were used to.

2 Likes