Honeycomb bed holdown pins

The magnets are only an issue if they are un-shielded (just plain magnets) and pass directly under the air assist fan. You can either make sure to place them so the air assist (which is about 3" behind the laser head) won’t go over them, or get some metal and stick that to the top side of the magnet to diffuse the field. It won’t break your :glowforge: but it can mess with the design you’re trying to cut. I use the hold down pins 95% of the time, and magnets when there isn’t a conveniently accessible hole in my grid to put a pin in.

1 Like

About 1" tall and less than 1/4" wide at the pin

Thank you for the replies. I have become so accustomed to right-clicking for copy and paste totally forgot about the ctrl keys. Must be old-age, sorry!

2 Likes

Yay!!! Again not just me
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for the design! Finally created some UrForge clips. What was I waiting for??? :grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this very useful tool!

1 Like

Worked perfect!!
Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Sweet! Just what I’ve needed! Thank you!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your file.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Personally I think that your iteration of this is awesome, and it deserves it’s own thread. I was having the same problems with the old version, however had cut out so many of them I hadn’t printed yours until last week. The best! Although I probably would opt to space them a little bit more, and create a little bit of waste in return for not dealing with separating out little boxes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thankyou :grin: just made a few minor changes to make them last a bit longer.

2 Likes

They are Awesome!

2 Likes

Such a great idea! I made the pins and the flexi box to put them in. :slight_smile:

I use these pins a LOT! More than I actually thought I would. Great to hold down scraps and get that extra use out of pieces that might not stay in place for cutting later. I think these little jewels have gotten me a lot more use out of my scraps! I want to thank you yet again for such a most useful design.

2 Likes

I needed to make some hold down pins, and was planning to use scrap. But I quickly found I needed to use hold down pins to keep the scraps in place. So it was like that Escher drawing of the hand drawing the hand.

My GF almost exploded, but I was able to calm it down to a soft blue glow of its button by gently blowing across its face.

4 Likes

THANK YOU! These have been life saving, I finally got around to making some and I’m wishing I had done ages ago!

2 Likes

I used to use them and initially they were like consumables. I cut my first set out of med draftboard proof grade scrap. I would use them a few times and the they would break and I’d move on to the next cut set. Well, all I can say is that starting with that and cutting them again and breaking them so often I made a little box for them. When @primal_healer posted the update I used the file and cut some out of a piece of tiny maple proof ply scrap. I have yet to break one now. :slight_smile:

I should have known to use ply, but I just wasn’t even thinking about it initially. Scrap is scrap regardless, but time is a valuable commodity. Find some scrap proof plywood your flavor of choice to any who might read this one. :slight_smile:

8 Likes