Honeycomb bed replacement?

I received a Glowforge basic for my birthday on Friday, and the package with the bed, cord and duct never arrived. It was signed for via a sticker on the door, but I am afraid someone stole it off my porch. I’ve been trying to get ahold of customer service for three days, and all I can get from them is that it should be here. I am so bummed that I can’t use my machine, but even more so because I can’t even get ahold of a human being to order a new bed. Does anyone know where I can purchase a bed for a Glowforge basic?

It does take staff a few days to get back to you, but you’ve said you’ve heard from them so I’m not sure where the disconnect is. There is a chat option on the website that’s open (most of the time) during business hours, you may get a quicker response there. Posting here also opened a ticket, but if you’ve been talking via email they’ll close this thread as soon as they find it.

I don’t believe the beds are available for individual sale yet, but as it’s a brand new machine you’re still under warranty so once they’ve figured out what happened they should get you set up! Whoever stole it off your porch is gonna be disappointed in their stolen property, I hope they take it as a lesson to stop!

2 Likes

Crumb trays can be purchased separately in the shop:

My box with cord, tray, accessories actually showed up a day later than the rest of the stuff, so it’s possible its still in transit.

4 Likes

Oh yay!

but yeah, don’t buy a new one - it comes with the machine and they will fix it for you!

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure how they are shipping them now. It used to be that they were under one “master” shipping number and it took some deciphering to get the two tracking numbers (you had to expand things to go into shipment details, etc.) It’s not infrequent for them to be separated in transit and delivered separately.

Have you called FedEx directly? They may be able to drill down into the shipment easier and give you a package status on the second package.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! This was a gift from my husband, so the two packages we did receive were in the front room for almost a month! We should’ve checked the contents, but it was supposed to be a surprise for me, so we didn’t know until Friday!

1 Like

Thank you for replying! I didn’t know about the multiple packages, as it was a surprise from my husband, and was unopened for almost a month. I am bummed that the tray is missing, and I guess I just wish it were easier to get Answers via email and not wait days in between.

Pretty pointless thing to steal unless you are making 50 pounds of hash browns or have the rest of a Glowforge.

1 Like

My guess is a free package is better than no package. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Customer service flipping ghosted me. I had to end up purchasing a new bed because I haven’t heard from them in days.

I will be hoping they do the right thing and wake up and credit your account the cost.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.