Honeycomb Heptagonal Antiprism

Stella4D tells me that this is a Heptagonal Antiprism Dual Morph 38.2%. We’ll just call it a Honeycomb bowl. Using the same process I use to create my other polyhedrals, this uses 3D printed connectors with screws. Just decorative, I suppose, but different enough to lead me down a new path with design.

81 Likes

It’s a Bee Bowl! :wink:

18 Likes

Hepta implies 7 sided so it should still be Hexagonal?

2 Likes

You could 3D print your connectors in a bee shape. Next level stuff. Just sayin. :innocent:

8 Likes

I count 7… ?

4 Likes

You are correct and I swear I saw six sides …DOH!!

5 Likes

I don’t care how many sides it has, I love it.

5 Likes

Very cool!

3 Likes

Every time you post one of these, it makes me want to get a 3D printer that much more. Funny enough, it was because of my interest in 3D printers that I had found the Glowforge, since I began searching right after they launched their crowdfunding campaign. Got a Glowforge, then got a second one, and still never got a 3D printer :joy:

9 Likes

Was going to say thinking out of the box, but it is more thinking into the box.
Nice twist on common theme.

4 Likes

this is just stunning ! well done!

4 Likes

Neat! Somehow an inner bowl insert could be created so it can be useful? A bowl liner perhaps?

6 Likes

The original thought was to have a living hinge internal wall to hide the connectors, but I got lazy and just wanted to see if the shaped worked. Version 2 for sure!

4 Likes

Totally understand - it looks very cool!
Maybe you can come up with one of those spiral cut bowls - rest with a lip on the top and then spirals down by itself…

2 Likes

WOW!!! At first glance it looks like a bracelet. Could you make one the size of a bracelet?

4 Likes

I like this shape even more than the globe-like ones! You could use it as a platform for a matching globe, if you’re looking for a function for these.

4 Likes

Yes, but the connectors and screws would have to be really small. Great idea!

5 Likes

Holy cow brother. You do amazing work!

3 Likes

This is fantastic!

4 Likes

Gorgeous! The honeycomb looks so cool on this shape.

3 Likes