Hoping to comission a current GF owner to do some prototyping

Hey Guys,

I just preordered my Glowforge recently and I am so excited to get making things, that I’d like to commission a current GF owner to do some prototyping and testing for me. I am willing to pay :slight_smile:

I have done some 3D renders of a coaster design to get an idea of the final product. I can supply proper files for cutting as well.

Anyone interested? feel free to reply or email me directly

-Ben
benmoriconi@yahoo.com
benmoriconiart.com
instagram @benmoriconi

24 Likes

You may want to remove the referal code. Forum no-no.

2 Likes

Oh thanks @karaelena! Done. Probably should pay more attention to the rules :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If someone here doesn’t step up, you might try Ponoko.com, it’s where I went for my laser-cut stuff before the GF shipped

1 Like

Hey thanks for the heads up! I actually just found out about them earlier today. What kind of things did you have made?

Sent ya and email!

3 Likes

I made these trophies last year with acrylic through Ponoko:

Nice! They came out great

Since you’re a fellow 'forger, just toss me a note if you still need someone. Depending on the extensiveness of what you want I might have you buy the materials but if it’s not a ton, I have a fair bit of PG and non-PG stock that I can use that’s already paid for :slight_smile: GF provided the PRU, I don’t mind paying it forward. I see @markwarfel also volunteered so maybe we can handle what you need.

I can also give you guest access so you could get used to the UI and process and not have to ship files back & forth. Then just need to send the results via USPS or something.

5 Likes

Hey James!

Thank you for offering to help! I would love to check out guest access! It would be so amazing to familiarize myself with the software so I am ready to go once my unit ships.

I have to say that this community of makers is pretty amazing. Everyone is so helpful. I have only been here for a couple days and am already feeling very welcomed. So happy to be a part of it.

I am currently working with @markevans36301 He has been a great help so far and hopefully later today I will get to see the first test cut. Very exciting.

Thanks again and if you need anything from me don’t hesitate to ask

-Ben

4 Likes

Okay. Once you & @markevans36301 have your first iterations done, let me know if you want to do anything via remote access to the GFUI on mine.

4 Likes

Ok awesome Thanks! They are coming out pretty great so far btw. Super excited

2 Likes