Lasered trophies

I made trophies for my scooter club’s annual spring opening rally, and I’m pretty happy how they came out. I was hoping to make them on my Glowforge, but as it became clear I wouldn’t have it in time, I used Ponoko and paid a little extra for rush. Usually our trophies are assembled with spare scooter parts, so I wanted to make something different, you’d actually want to display on a shelf.

This is my first real laser project, so be kind :stuck_out_tongue:

22 Likes

That’s a great trophy! I’d display that!

I’ve stumbled upon some other laser cut trophies on my searches. For inspiration:
http://potatopress.com.au/blog/design-photography/australian-surf-retailers-awards/

2 Likes

Those look great man! Stacked colored acrylic is one of my favorite materials to look at. It looks like candy. Awesome work

Very nice!
I like the bolt-up construction.

Looks awesome @potentato! Love the black cut-out on top of white, it pops so well!

Very nice. When I Lived in Italy I had a '68 Lambretta that was unstoppable. I miss it. Cool trophies.

1 Like

Very cool! But just wondering, will there also be some type of engraved inscriptions added, that state who won it / what the award represents?

That is cool! Would have been cooler if they made it out of thinner sheets and more into a tube, and also added a surfer and board in the tube…

3 Likes

Killer…

I am insanely jealous you lived in Italy. May I ask where?

Rome in the mid 80s. Italy was a top football team. Roma had won the scudetto and the Italian football league was the best in the world.

1 Like

Oh man now I’m even MORE jealous haha. My grandmother was born in Rome so I’ve been lucky enough to visit a couple times to see family, but the longest I’ve ever stayed was only six weeks( five of which were for a study abroad- best weeks of my life!).

Also, @darkdesign, I’ve been looking through the laser cut trophies on the link you shared- great source of inspiration! Thanks for sharing!!

@potentato Those are great all around! The whole reason I bought the GF was to make the time from idea to done as close to nil as is possible - if I had to guess, next year’s rally might have another 10-15 awards to be given out because you won’t want to stop making them :slight_smile: @darkdesign That Potato Press link really inspires me to think that it is possible to make a living doing exactly what they are doing - fantastic. Thanks!

I did not add any info on the awards themselves, I wanted them to be appreciable as decor without words. Maybe if I actually had the GF available I could have personalized them.