How can I get my glowforge basic back online. I

How an I get my Glowforge Basic back on line. I printed one job and now it always shows offline

The first step is to turn off the GF and turn it back on. If that doesn’t help, the next step is to restart your network by first turning off or unplugging everything between the wall and the Glowforge that has to do with your network. This means the modem, router, etc. Once you have everything off and have waited at least 5 minutes, restart the network starting from the wall and wait until every device has fully booted before moving to the next one. Start with the modem, then move to the router, etc. with the GF as the last step. Give the GF at least 5 minutes to boot.

Please post if that resolves the issue.

2 Likes

My power went off a few weeks ago and I had to restart everything back up again. Router was bad. Had it replaced. Every since the machine will not go online

If the router has been replaced, has the wireless information changed? You would know because your phones, etc. would need to enter new wireless keys or connection data.

If it hasn’t, there is a chance that it was not just the router that was damaged.

1 Like

Only thing that changed was the access code. The teal light comes on and shows I have signal to machine. I can upload graphics but shows offline and cannot print

2 Likes

If the access code has changed you need to go through the initial setup steps again to reconnect the GF to the router. There is a video that walks you through it, or you can just go through the steps in your startup guide to get the GF reconnected.

7 Likes

OK thanks

Thanks for the help @ben1!

@dilynnr I’m so sorry you ran into trouble.

Were you able to get back online after going through the Wi-Fi setup steps again?

If you’re still running into trouble please don’t hesitate to let us know.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.