How Do I Change Internet Settings?

We just changed our internet provider and I’m having trouble figuring out how to change the settings on the Glowforge? Any advice is greatly appreciated. We’re kind of up against the clock for the Middle School Student Council Posters.

2 Likes

i think you can reset the network settings by holding down the button?

2 Likes

I hold down the button, restart, and it doesn’t move or react at all, beyond the light coming on. Doesn’t calibrate the head or anything. I thought this might be because it’s offline. We changed the internet info last night. Maybe the offline thing is a separate issue? And actually I am having the glowforge offline issue and the failure to calibrate? But, you know, Occam’s razor…

1 Like

It doesn’t show up at all in network settings.

1 Like

It won’t calibrate when off line. You have to hold the button for a real long time to put it back in setup mode. Let me find the specifics and I’ll edit this.

4 Likes

I found it!

1 Like

Here’s what I did. I turned everything off, then deleted the glowforge from network settings - manage known networks. Then I turned it back on and held the button down until it turned green, then I went to settings in the app and add a new printer. Then I went through the original set up. Worked!

11 Likes

good deal, you found it right as I was finding it.

I was going to say “type /setup in the bar while in the app and then follow the directions” but several roads, same destination.

6 Likes

:+1: To reset the wifi connection, press and hold the button for 10-15 seconds (until the light changes color), then open app.glowforge.com/setup and follow the connection procedure. No restart needed in most cases.

14 Likes

I’m glad you’re back up and running!

I’m going to close this thread - if you need anything further, go ahead and post a new topic.

2 Likes