How do I return my glowforge - chat is not helping and I waited 30 minutes

All I need is an address and an RA number. Why does glowforge make it so difficult to return their product. They are going to charge us $900 anyway.

We have had it less than 30 days and only made 2 prints.

Chat won’t help, and email support won’t answer

They will arrange for the return, and to have it cleaned and inspected. It takes a few days to get it set up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, the restocking fee is standard for a machine that has been opened and used, even if only for a couple of prints. The pertinent section of the Terms of Service is copied below:

1. Refunds. Refunds may take up to 10 business days to process. All refunds are in US dollars. If you are located in the United States, returns are subject to the following conditions:
  • Prior to confirmation of shipping address: You will receive a full refund for your purchase price, including shipping.
  • Unopened Glowforge Basic, Plus, Pro, or air filter package(s) within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 10% restocking fee.
  • Opened Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro unit, unused, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original materials and packaging, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 15% restocking fee.
  • Opened Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro, unit used up to 50 prints, no visible wear or damage, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original packaging and materials except the Proofgrade Materials, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 30% restocking and refurbishment fee.
  • Opened air filter package, used or unused, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original materials and packaging, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 30% restocking fee.
  • After 30 days or 50 prints, whichever comes first, your Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro unit is no longer eligible for return
  • After 30 days your air filter unit is no longer eligible for return.

Sorry to hear you changed your mind…they are a lot of fun once you get to know them.

1 Like

I’m sorry you had to wait so long before we were able to chat! We’re working on improving and expanding our chat support to reduce those times. Thank you for speaking with me just now—we’ll be following up shortly with return labels and instructions.

1 Like