How does one save layout/process/jobs in app.glowforge.com?

How does one save process/layout/job files in app.glowforge.com?

2 Likes

That is not yet a feature of the app. However, it is a frequently requested feature (you’ve increased the count and since I want this too, thank you) in the hopper of ideas they’re thinking about: Saving cut settings and Dan mentioned it was a “to do” waaay back when they announced PRUs:

However, the feature doesn’t yet show up under current development:

https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/Areas-Under-Development

2 Likes

Keep a notebook for the time being. On the home page where the design files are kept, you can edit the name of the files. I have a few where I included the settings in the name.

2 Likes

This is quite possibly the feature that would benefit folks the most. Still not implemented.

Personally, I use an Excel spreadsheet. Which is probably a good idea anyway so you actually know what you’re doing rather than relying on saved settings that could disappear for some reason.

3 Likes

Remember, being able to save your work was not included in the original sales pitch so they are under no obligation to give that to us.

I don’t think they’re under obligation to give us anything. I recall something along the lines of “everything’s in beta, features and specs can change at any time without notice, etc.”

3 Likes

True. From what I hear, the Glowforge already does everything any reasonable person* could ask for. So anything beyond this point is icing on the cake.

*non-troll

2 Likes

I think we’re talking about saving two different things:

1. Settings for non-proofgrade materials. This would certainly be nice.
  2. Jobs (with files loaded, position/scale, configuration as cut/score/engrave, etc.). This is desperately needed. Without it, it’s very easy to lose a job (reload a web page, close a tab) and it’s then impossible to exactly recreate the job to print the same thing in the same place.
5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them.