How else would you store your raw stock?

I wasn’t trying to be critical. It’s a very cool make!

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE it! I would love if you shared as I am going nuts trying to find an easier method of storage. All mine sit under my GF also and it really is a pain going through it! Great Job! :slight_smile:

I was trying to figure out a way to organize materials on some shelving that I put together. This gives me so great ideas.

I will try to post the files tonight, but it might not be until tomorrow that I’m able to get back at my computer. Once I do, I’ll post a link in here so that they’re easy to find.

One of the things that I was worried about in the design was the shelves not running the full depth of the material. Instead, it is sized to run a little bit further than halfway past center so that most of the mass is supported. Each shelf is 7" deep, so holding 12" deep stock keeps it steady and doesn’t feel tippy. I wouldn’t go any smaller than about 7", though.

2 Likes

You’re awesome! I just love when one thing brings more creative ideas into mind :slight_smile:

I was able to squeeze in some computer time early tonight. Here’s the post with files and layout.

3 Likes

@nic.fouts is generous to share his work, but a friendly reminder: it is against forum rules to ask for other people’s files.

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. FAQ - Glowforge Owners Forum

5 Likes

That’s my bad. My original post told folks to let me know if they wanted the files.

3 Likes

oh, shoot, I missed that. my bad too, & apologies to @mmullen501

as to how that works with the forum rules…? from what I have seen here, there is always someone who will want just about any file that anyone makes, and certainly any functional, finished file. So my personal thought on the matter is that if you have designed something that you are inclined to share, just go ahead and share it because there are people who will be interested in it (no matter what it is).

5 Likes

It’s ok :slightly_smiling_face:. I forgot about that rule also. Thanks.

2 Likes

Very nice that you were able to work up something to handle your stock. You’ll quickly find that you will need a lot of storage.

2 Likes

Boy, that’s got to be the understatement of the year! :smile:

I’ve pretty much thrown in the towel and now just riding the wave…

1 Like

The floor on the unfinished side of my basement is collecting materials quite nicely.

3 Likes

All flat surfaces in my basement are collecting unused materials and large totes are collecting cutoffs.

5 Likes

I store materials on the second floor, while the Glowforge is in the basement. Makes extra steps … but, never have to wonder if the humidity might be a problem. Our basement isn’t overly humid … but … erring on the side of caution.

1 Like

I have shelving dedicated … then there are piles of various materials I felt I had to buy that there just isn’t more room on the shelf. I am rather diligent keeping some organization though. I like to be able to grab and go!

Haven’t gotten to use everything yet … but, of course, there is always more to buy.

1 Like

That and the first floor is already full.

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten my Dragon yet, but do a lot of stained glass work and store it all on edge… I would basically take your design and flip onto its back, and make it in various sizes.

1 Like

You’ll get a lot more warp that way. I learned my lesson and now store everything flat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I have that problem, but I have only one floor :anguished:

2 Likes