How to design the bowls I see here

I see the bowls where the shapes are cut out and the large shape is the bottom of the bowl and the smallest shape is the top and they are glued one on top of the other. The shapes are all the same, such as a circle. Cool! How does one design these bowls in inkscape? If I draw a circle in inkscape and then draw the smallest circle. Is there an easy way for the inbetween circles to be drawn automatically.

I’m guessing there’s probably a way to do it using the clone tool. I do that sort of thing in Affinity Designer (the “duplicate” command also duplicates any changes you’ve made to the first dupe, so you can get progressive changes like that), so I haven’t really gotten into the nitty gritty of Inkscape clones.

1 Like

Googling for “concentric shapes in inkscape” returns quite a few tutorials to get you started. I’m sure other users will chime in with more detail. :wink:

4 Likes

Got it figured out! Thanks!

@dougwolfson: Pray tell, give us a hint, how did you do it in Inkscape? :sunglasses:

1 Like

this topic has a robust discussion of various ways to do stackable ring bowls.

And here is another technique using spirals.

4 Likes

As an Inkscape user, this won’t help you, but in Illustrator, the blend tool would probably work quite well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.