How to edit the dashboard emboridery floss organizer design

I am trying to edit the acrylic embroidery floss organizer found on the Glowforge dashboard design. I want to specifically chnage the numbers from 1-20 to 21-40. Any idea how to do this? I’m super new to Glowforge. Thank you!

What you will need to do is 1. select the design 2. ungroup 3. change each number

I am assuming that you have the Premium subscription so you can simply change the numbers with the text tool. If you don’t have Premium, you will need to make a file with the numbers you desire and add it to the file in the interface or copy and paste numbers.

5 Likes

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion as I do have the premium subscription. I did try this right away as it looked like it would ungroup the numbers for editing but I could not change them. I am going to have to try another approach.

beatheshopper

I just opened this design and the numbers can be individually changed or deleted. You can open a text box and type the number 21-40 and have them displayed in a circle. Flip the result so the numbers are properly oriented and then rotate and resize as needed to fit the floss circles. The picture below is the result.

Floss

2 Likes

Thank you for following up on this. I appreciate your additional information about this. I am going to jump on this project early this afternoon.

Did you copy and edit this outside of the premium subscription?

No, I opened a text box in the interface and typed the numbers in one line. I selected a circle for the text arrangement also in the premium text box. I flipped the text for reverse engraving as in the original design.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.