How to fix a stripped hex screw on front carriage

I was getting a scanning error and noticed print head loose so i loosened belt and fixed it but, when i went to replace the belt I had loosened it too much. After trying for a while to fix the problem i noticed I had stripped the screw and was unable to fix the tension.

Help please Thanks
Sally

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Stripped-HassleFree-Hardness-63-65hrc/dp/B08PCT9WBB/ref=asc_df_B08PCT9WBB/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=475689981997&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3991326555639453568&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030790&hvtargid=pla-1188945619381&psc=1

3 Likes

Thanks but, its located in a very awkward place, under the laser arm.

ok, then add one of THESE!

Jonathan

2 Likes

Sally, would you post some pictures where it is?
I may be able to offer you advice in removing it so its easier to access.

Jonathan

1 Like

Does this help. It’s under the laser arm.

Can you download the picture and mark the screw?

1 Like

1 Like

If this is what your pointing to, isnt this the removable part of the air assist fan?
so you can pull the unit out and clean the fan?

¿¿¿

1 Like

In her original post she states that it is the pulley wheel for the carriage plate that she loosened to remove the belt so that she could clean the air assist fan. That is also the bolt she shows in her photo.

1 Like

i’m trying to figure out where it is!! - i think the ‘L’ adapter and the screw remover is her best bet- even if she just uses a pliers, and not a drill.

1 Like

I don’t know how to fix the problem, but she is trying to tighten, not remove.

2 Likes

remove, replace the stripped screw, tighten.

2 Likes

Sally can take the screw to home depot, and see what size it is, even if they don’t sell the right screw she then can get one on amazon knowing its a metric.

2 Likes

No sorry it’s to the belt under the laser arm. That moves the print head. But thanks I think we hot what we need.

5 Likes

you need to extract out the old screw before using a die on it (die fixes a bad thread)
i dont think the thread is bad, I think the screw head is FUBAR’ed

Jonathan

1 Like

so its THIS:

1 Like

LOCK DOWN the laser arm (with orange screws) before attempting anything!!!

2 Likes

Yes. But unfortunately I do not have the orange screws.

1 Like