How to NOT save design settings changed in GFUI?

Is there a way to NOT save changes made to a design in the GFUI? I have a few designs that I use regularly, I was low on material so I found a space in material and scaled my design down to about 95% in size and sped it up a bit to not make a blur of tightly spaced lines. The next time I used the design, it was that new smaller size and score speed, since we can’t scale by exact number and there’s no display of scale vs original design size, the ruler along edges is nowhere near accurate, we have to start over (we also cannot copy a design on the app page, we also cannot undo settings, only sizing, moving, copying etc). Can we get more control of things like this? Or share the API so people can make add-ons or extensions. Thanks much,
R.L. Hamm

1 Like

Your current alternative is to make a copy of the file to work on. You can click the carat on the thumbnail in the Dashboard and choose “Make Copy” and that is the one that will be modified. The original will remain intact.

Otherwise, the auto-save is automatic.

1 Like

Answer is to click on the little arrow in upper right of the design and select COPY.
You can change it to anything you desire and the original design remains the same as you left it the last time used.

When done, delete the COPY, and repeat as necessary down the road.

1 Like

You can’t defeat auto-save.

(It interferes with most of the ways I use the machine, so I re-upload and re-enter settings constantly.)

That’s a great idea for a feature - thanks for the suggestion! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.

1 Like