How to save SVG file with exact size I want from illustrator

Hi, I made a file in Illustrator. I wanted to make 5x5 inch square then I made artboard size 5x5inch with 300 ppi then exported. It is smaller than 5x5inch. Could you tell me how to get exact size out of illustrator?

I don’t use Illustrator, but a quick search of the forum resulted in two easy suggestions: Design your file on a 20x12 artboard and make sure to uncheck the Responsive setting for exporting SVG files. Here is a thread that may be helpful: GFUI is resizing/rescaling my SVG file. Why?

3 Likes

I don’t use AI, but I can tell you the GF interface assumes designs were created at 96 ppi when it sizes them. (Size information isn’t preserved in SVGs.)

1 Like

Thank you and what program do you use?

Yey, it worked, seem like needed to uncheck responsive when I save the file. You guys are awesome. Thank you so much

4 Likes

I use Affinity Designer.

A few different things you can do:

• make your artboard 12x20 instead
  • copy/paste directly from AI to the GF dashboard (screen with all the designs, not screen with bed image)
  • use PDF format instead of SVG
  • uncheck “responsive” in the SVG export settings.

Any one of those should result in perfectly accurately sized artwork.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I do when I save my files in Illustrator. I’ve never had luck with SVG files.

1 Like

This question is outside our team’s scope. I’ve moved it to the Everything Else so the discussion can continue there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.