How to ungroup a SVG bundle?

Good afternoon everyone. I have a problem. I have done the research and I can not fix the problem. I purchased a SVG bundle. I want to be able to use a single dog picture for the Glowforge.

How do you ungroup a a bundle of SVG files? I do not have anything called a cricket or silhouette but I am learning how to use affinity designer software on my iPad.

I would really be so grateful if somebody could help me.

3 Likes

@geek2nurse is an AD user if I remember correctlyā€¦

If you tell us which dog, someone could probably do it for you in the meantimeā€¦

2 Likes

Dachshund and Westie

There is a possibility that it is a bitmap and not vector (svg can contain both or either). If thatā€™s the case you wonā€™t be able to ungroup it, but you should be able to make a duplicate then erase everything other than the dog you want in your bitmap program of choice (Gimp, Photoshop, and the like).

Yeah, what youā€™ve uploaded is a .jpeg (which is a bitmap), not an .svg. When you bought the bundle they often put in a ā€œguideā€ image that shows you everything, but then the individual elements are each their own fileā€¦

2 Likes

The OP is working on iPad and itā€™s possible the individual files are less accessible thereā€¦

1 Like

True, but nobody is getting her a good image of a dog off that .jpeg sadly :-/

3 Likes

Here is the original SVG file.

Removing original SVG file due to copyright rules

Odd this sihouette images would be a svg and not a jpeg file, esp. if the idea is to etch the silhouette. If it were jpeg, you can ā€œcropā€ to get the selection you want, and ā€œsave asā€. But Iā€™ve not been able to ā€œcropā€ like that using Inkscape.

But you may be able to ā€œungroupā€ the selection to get to the individuals, but pending how the file was created and saved as a bundle, it might not let you do thatā€¦

Or try converting it to a path, and then ā€˜break apartā€™ and select the whole group, and it might show boxes around the individual animals so you can delete all you donā€™t need and ā€œsave asā€ for what you want.

1 Like

Here is the dachshund. Could not find the Westie image in the file. My eyes are getting too old. Let me know where to look for the westie, top middle, bottomā€¦left, middle, right and I will grab that one too

It is an svg file. I ungrouped it, and then copied the dachshund into a separate file and saved it

dachsund

2 Likes

Sharing a purchased design is a definite no-no, itā€™s a violation of copyright. I understand you need help but youā€™re taking someoneā€™s work and by posting here, giving it away for free.

From the forum guidelines:

Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

like @eflyguy said, once you get your help if not before you should delete those files. I am almost certain your terms of purchase did not give you rights to give them away for free.

PMd you your westie :slight_smile:

1 Like

I apologize. I was not giving away the file I purchased. I was just not understanding how to ungroup this file.

3 Likes

Thank you so very much for your help. Could you please tell me how you were able to ungroup?

1 Like

I apologize I had no idea I was doing anything wrong. I purchased the file and I was having a difficult time separating the different dogs. How do I delete the file from this thread?

2 Likes

Thank you for taking your time to help me.

2 Likes

Thank you for helping me.

2 Likes

To delete your file from this thread just edit your posts that have the file (little pencil icon underneath) and delete the code for the image, itā€™ll look something like this-ish

![westie|690x414] (upload://7oKo8jwCXp5aIKOOboxJupbfA5d.svg)