How To: Weed a Puzzle Like A Boss

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing…I would not have thought about that. And really cool puzzle with the special pieces that stand up.

1 Like

Make sure they do not record you as traveling troublemaker :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is a brilliant time saver. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I used this too!

11 Likes

@dan is that acrylic on top of the image, if so how did you adhere it or did you sandwich it?
Interesting idea, I am loving cutting acrylic except the smell
:frowning:

1 Like

He had answered this on a different thread :smiley:

2 Likes

@deirdrebeth thanks, yeah I thought it was something like that
WOW

1 Like

I really like smart and practical people! Thanks!

@jbmanning5 Hi! I thought that you cut face down…

I cut face up on everything. My first experiments were all face down, but I like the fit better from face up - and no worries about flashback on the image surface!

2 Likes

good point!

Can someone help me figure out how to separate the rows and columns lines in Inkscape so I can make them different colors to cut this way?
I downloaded a template from the puzzle generator and have it opened in Inkscape but cant figure out how to separate them. TIA!

Ungroup/break apart.

Select all horizontal lines, set a different color.

Done.

1 Like

Re-group/combine.

Done.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey dan! what spray adhesive do you use for this. I’ve tried Elmers and loctite, follow the instructions for spraying and you can see the “texture” of the spray. How can I get such a clear look? thanks!
Karla

I believe that was an acrylic print that Dan had printed from a company and then cut into a puzzle. If I remember right, they face mount the print to the back of a piece of acrylic and then glue something to the back of the print similar to DryTac (but I think all DryTac is PVC-based so don’t use this). Somewhere on here is a thread about it.

Here ya go!

5 Likes

Thanks.

Any link on where to buy the masking paper?

Welcome to the forum!

There’s a great thread on it:

and others if you search for “masking”

but to save you some reading:

and
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DF7TDSF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sign Warehouse is cheaper overall, Amazon is cheaper up-front :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! Still learning the ins and outs of everything :slight_smile:

2 Likes