How To: Weed a Puzzle Like A Boss

Sore thumbs? Hours wasted? Weeding hundreds of pieces one at a time?

File set up:
Rows - Any color
Columns - Any color but the color used for rows

Steps:
Mask

Pin down

Cut rows

Pull all masking off

Remask

I hate all of that excess masking, so I trim it.

Cut columns

Enjoy!

84 Likes

Matrixed! :smile:

3 Likes

Brilliant!

2 Likes

wow that is awesome. I thought you and Rio were off away from the blue bonnets?

2 Likes

Beautiful! A great case of the labor saving is way more than the bit of extra material cost.

4 Likes

Exactly. At $50-100, I’m not going to quibble about pennies worth of masking to enhance a process that saves hours of time.

7 Likes

The closest bluebonnets to me are probably around Big Bend area, which is many hours away. The image itself is actually pretty old - 6 or 7 years?

1 Like

Great, now I have to order a large roll of masking :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

It’s worth it. 43200 square inches for what, 30 bucks?

4 Likes

is that 16" x 20" ? if so, do you have snapmarks or are you just very precise when you move it up to cut the second part?

This is just a smaller 10x15/250’ish piece.

2 Likes

very cool! Love the image.

1 Like

Smart. Need to try this.

2 Likes

yeah - now I need to make a puzzle…

1 Like

A) That’s genius.
B) That’s beautiful.
C) I love the insect pieces. I’ve never seen puzzles quite like that.

2 Likes

You just need to have the operations (cut lines) in a different color, that way the UI knows it’s a seperate operation. Ignore one color and do the other. Just insure nothing moves on the bed.

1 Like

WOW, @jbmanning5, I love your art!
Thanks for your tips.

2 Likes

This is one of those “obvious when you think about it” types of hints that makes you curse at yourself thinking “why didn’t I think about it.”

Thanks

1 Like

For sure. I nearly smacked myself in the forehead and went “Doh” when I realized how much easier this would be.

2 Likes

What’s the source of the uncut image? What material is that? Would be fun to make some custom puzzles for the family cabin, but I don’t know how I’d get a print on a laserable material.

1 Like