I am sharing my covid-19 laser cut design

new mask design no 3d

Hello I’m uploading my design, that can be cut out of craft foam on the Glow forge. The settings are 500/50 cut twice so it won’t burn,the foam. The round cut out should be wood, but the round grill should be cut out of foam, or you could do wood and glue them together, on top of the mask with E6000 or a glue gun or whatever works for you. The yellow triangle in the middle of the mask should be cut be scored not cut. The round clips should be cut out of wood, and glued to the edges to add strength , Then you can fold it and glue it. and then you tie the elastic to each of the wood side. Once done you can add a filter or 2 round cotton face pads through the slit, on top of the grill on the mask. I hope this helps this virus has stopped our business flat so we turned to making masks for the public for free, but people are donating so we can make them free to everyone. its great how our neighborhood has come together to help in these trying times. Cool update our New York Governor Cuomo paid us a visit at our store, Yamaguchie while we where making the masks he donated and got a few masks.

68 Likes

How kind of you to share—thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you. I am sorry your business is stopped.

3 Likes

I like the design, however do have a picture of the finish design or cut pieces.
Thanks

3 Likes

thanks for the design. I have same request as wnottus, can you post a picture? I don’t see how it all goes together?

3 Likes

Done

1 Like

Done

1 Like

So cool that the governor visited you! I thought that guy looked familiar, before I read your caption.

4 Likes

Thanks, appreciate the share

2 Likes

This is awesome! I love the design and will definitely give it a shot. I have to find the materials first. If you’re willing to share the links to where you purchased the materials from as that would be great. If not, I will try to find something equivalent. Awesome job and really cool the governor stopped by!

2 Likes

This is awesome and I am wanting to try this design, but the picture wont download. Am I doing something wrong?

right click and select save image as
saveas

is the scale correct on the file? Seems a little small.

Printed on chipboard and looks pretty cool.
Thanks for the design!

Thanks for the help. What type of file are you saving the picture as. I have been able to do this in the past but this file is not work for me. I don’t understand why. I can save, but in corel or the glowforge, it has no data.

was able to save as SVG

try this…
facemask-yamacarter.zip (8.9 KB)

2 Likes

That worked. Thanks!!!

Made one for myself yesterday with a few modifications to allow for easy insertion of a home air filter that removes bacteria and viruses, as well as enlarging the holes on each side to allow for more air flow due to thicker material

8 Likes

For some unknown reason, I have a fair amount of Celastic that I just realized can be made into this design. Presuming that they are not for single use and getting tossed away they need to stand up to steam or chemical purifying and I am trying to figure a better filter than a layer of cloth.

This might be too thick and this might have holes too large so I have not reached a conclusion on the best source but I think a very good possibility and would welcome other ideas or sources.

1 Like

Excellent. Bless you!

1 Like