I can see glowforge's wifi but when i connect to it nothing happens?

setting up my new Gowforge i am following the instructions and when i connect to Glowforge’s wifi signal nothing happens… what do i do?

Are you going to setup.glowforge.com in a browser after you have your device connected to Glowforge’s ad hoc network?

thank you so much for the link and video that is exactly what i was missing the app.glowforge.com/setup that part did proceed successfully until i attempted to put in my home router password to connect to the glowforge to the internet and i got a device error asking me to restart the setup to no avail. it suggested contact suppor@glowforge.com and i did i was just hoping while i waited anyone on here had any additional help?

Are you still having trouble?

If your Glowforge appears on your home wifi networks list of connected devices, then app.glowforge.com should get you working.

If it isn’t appearing on your network, something is still not going right and I wonder where in the process you are stalling.

this is what the error exactly says…

While trying to setup your Glowforge, it became no longer reachable or responded in an unexpected way. Please make sure you are connected to the Glowforge wifi network and click Restart Setup.

If this keeps happening, please contact us [support@glowforge.com]

Are you still getting a teal colored button on the top of the Glowforge?

You can redo wifi setup by pressing it for more than ten long seconds and it will go into setup mode and switch to teal.

yes the teal color was glowing on the machine. I held the button down for the long 10 seconds and it stopped glowing and never started back up again. held the button again for the 10 seconds flashed quick teal but never turned on. powered down the machine and powered back on and the 10 seconds hold did now give me the teal glowing button again. attempted to connect again and as i put in my router password same error popped up.

thanks for trying…

Sorry you are having issues here. Your normal 2.4 GHz is working ok for your wifi network? Glowforge can’t do 5 GHz.

Also, do you have WAP2 security or enterprise or something else?

Check through this topic and see if it might give you some perspective until support shows up.

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic.