I can’t get my Glowforge to print anything

I was going to attach a video but the file size was too big. When I going to print the ruler from the catalog on proofgrade material, it will not print. Once I press print on the computer, it will say scanning material, then Preparing your design, Finally show the camera view and duration of time to complete the print. Then one second later, the last screen disappears and I’m back to the live camera view where I started. Please give me some guidance on what to do. I have already reset the GlowForge, Re-calibrated the Glowforge, and have tried different materials.

Do you have a Pro? If so, double check the safety interlock on the back of the machine, above the power cord. It’s a little u-shaped metal jumper. Make sure that it’s pushed in all of the way.

2 Likes

Did you try rebooting the modem as well?

1 Like

Is that what that is? I saw it first thing but did not know what it was, and still whentrying to hit the p[ower switch seem to hit that first.

No, I have the basic gf. The modem and router is good because there is a second gf basic and that one prints just fine. Any other suggestions?

Sure you have the right machine selected? (Since you have two running).

If something got hung up, it sometimes helps to log out of the app on all devices, reboot everything in the chain (Glowforge, computer, modem) by unplugging for a couple minutes, and then let it run completely through the startup calibration before logging back in to the app.

Or support can take a look at the logs when they see it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I was going to blame the file, but if the exact same file works on another machine, that would seem to rule it out. Opening any of the doors also cancels a print in the same way as the safety staple on the Pro, but if you had a door open or faulty sensor making it think it’s open, I think the UI would tell you. So we’re down to voodoo. Have you upset anyone lately who might have placed a curse on you?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.