I can't finish setup!

Glowforge arrived four days ago. I have gone through the setup prompts TWICE. I was not able to print the Gift of Good Measure (I cannot find the file anywhere).

Every time I log in, the app tries to force me through setup (again!) and won’t let me do anything else. (Yes, I contacted Support. It was a waste of time.)

Help!

Welcome to the forum. How far have you gotten in the setup. Did you get the screen that your Glowforge was connected? After that, did you switch back to your home wifi.

Yes and yes.

When you go to app.glowforge.com what happens?

I get the initial setup screen.

I suggest you try again. Hold the print button about 20 seconds until it turns teal and go through setup. Take screen shots of your progress and see what happens. I’ll wait to see your posts. I am not a wifi expert or a Glowforge person, just another user like you, but at least we can get enough info in this post that someone can see what the choke point is.

1 Like

FYI you’ve done so again, since posting here in P&S opens a support ticket. :slight_smile:

Good to know!

1 Like

Got it working!

I think my home internet connection was a factor (it sucks). Printed the GOGM and now I just need to figure out the software!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that you hit this snag while attempting to setup your new Glowforge. I appreciate you providing all of these great details, and following some of the instructions the community provide.

I’m glad to hear that you were able to navigate the troublesome network complications, and perform your first print. That’s amazing!

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com, if you happen to run into any other trouble. We’re here to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.