I can't load this svg file

I am having trouble getting the GFUI to load this file. I am very sure the problem is mine, but I can’t figure how fix it. I plan to cut the vector Cat Silhouettes out of PG walnut plywood.

Kathi tea light walnut 1.zip (14.7 KB)

1 Like

I downloaded your file and tried opening it in Illustrator but I get the error message “This SVG is invalid. Validate it before opening.” So I opened it as a text file using TextWrangler. It was apparently created in CorelDraw. Maybe the CorelDraw experts can advise you as to the correct way to save out an SVG.

Good luck!

1 Like

I got the same error message as @cynd11 when trying to open in Illustrator

1 Like

I also tried to load it into the GFUI but it is apparently not being recognized as an SVG. Maybe try saving it again out of CorelDraw with different options?

1 Like

I will try that, thanks.

1 Like

I have always used svg files with my Corel Draw, but found that I could save it as a pdf, and that worked. Thank all of you for your support and ideas. I am in business now. :smile:

5 Likes

I had no problem opening it in the programs i use, but I don’t have access to the GFUI.

When I looked at it, I noticed that there were yellow shapes instead of color fills. I don’t know if that would cause an issue, so I tweaked the file, deleted the yellow shapes, and did normal color fills. taketwo

Then I noticed some weirdness with the first cat. I ungrouped the shape and broke it apart, and it appears like there might be a bunch of individual segments instead of one cut line. In the programs I used, it also looked like the lines of that cat was very jagged. I think there are tons of points. That probably isn’t causing the problem but maybe delete that cat and see if the rest of it uploads and cuts fine?

Edit: Nevermind! Too slow :slight_smile: Looks like you got everything sorted.

6 Likes

Hi @davidgal2 I tried opening it up in one of the editing programs I now use (Silhouette Designer Business Edition) and it said it said it was corrupt.

It idd open in Inkscape and I saved as a Plain .svg and it worked. With engraving and scoring of the cats, it showed 38 minutes. Much less if you just cut. Here it is.

Kathi tea light walnut Inkscape.svg.zip (14.4 KB)

Edit: Oops, 2nd Nevermind. All solved.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer @cynd11. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

3 Likes