I did it! I blasted a giant hole in my wall!

Well, I just finished drilling a big 'ol hole in my wall and installed a vent. I didn’t want to do it… but I obviously can’t wait for the filter.

So, now I am hoping that I can get a refund for the filter. I got my golden email on Jan 4th, but I haven’t received the GF yet.

27 Likes

Make sure you put some duct tape around that.

10 Likes

Has anyone gotten a refunds for the filter? How much is it worth?

1 Like

Whatever you initially paid for it.

1 Like

It depends on when you placed your order. The filter has been sold for at least three different prices: the crowdfunding price, the post-crowdfunding preorder price*, and now at full price.

* There may have actually been two different post-crowdfunding preorder pricing structures, but I can’t remember for sure at this point. I seem to remember a price increase at some point in there but I’m not sure.

2 Likes

You sure it’s big enough?

2 Likes

Har-dee-har-har.

1 Like

Nah a little caulk will fix that right up!

and look more professional that Duct tape. LOL

3 Likes

I’m not sure you’re going to get the air-flow you’re looking for. Why are people so conservative??

6 Likes

You call that a hole? When the Parthenon in Madison, WI decided it wanted to go from a quality gyro place to a blue and white McDonald’s, they dropped the entire building into the foundation. On the plywood-wall keeping pedestrians from falling off the sidewalk and into the rubble filled gaping maw was a sign that said, “Closed for Remodeling.”

Quality gyro place = you must be afraid you’ll catch a communicable disease.

2 Likes

LOL, I contemplated the same thing, but “she who must be obeyed” vetoed it instantly. I am using a window vent instead, which has worked out OK. I contacted GF support and they refunded me for the filter.

You’ll only need 1 extra whole for the intake, about the same size. But, it needs to be positioned around the corner.

Did she help you?

MC

10 Likes

Hope she wasn’t singing when she did. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

13 Likes

The vent hose is 4" - not 4’…

Stonehenge!!

4 Likes

“There is no problem so difficult that it cannot be solved with brute force and ignorance.” :wink:

5 Likes

Oh yeah!

And I thought a six inch roof vent was overkill!

Are they 4"? :frowning: the intake on the filter is 10 and the exit 6" I am gonna need some step downs…

1 Like