I did the silicon apple watch strap thing

Looks great! I love the look of the engraved bands. I tend to like them better sans paint, but that’s partly because I’m skeptical that they will hold up. Curious to see how it goes.

2 Likes

I have been playing around with setting and cannot dial it in. Would you share you setting with me? Also what did you paint it with? I have you oil base paint markers but it makes such a huge mess.

2 Likes

you have to clean up after the oil markers. use isopropyl alcohol.

1 Like

tes would love to know the setting!! please

would love the setting on this too for my daughter - thanks!

4 Likes

Nice work! An interesting product to be engraving. Just curious if you had a lot of flare up with engraving? WHen I last put silicon in the GF, there were a fair amount of flames.

1 Like

i’ve seen people say that they get some flare ups. i didn’t notice it with this one.

2 Likes

Hi! I think I’m gonna jump on this one too as a fundraiser for my school. Would you mind sharing the settings? I think I need the jig also. Have you found a good one?
Thanks!!!

link to settings is 3 posts above yours.

4 Likes

Love the engraving and the color of the watch band.

1 Like

What settings did you use for this? I’m thinking of making one too

the link to the settings is above.

yeah just realized, thank you!

I like the design. Looks great. I did one recently for my girlfriend, and have about 5 more bands to play with, and always looking for design inspiration.

14 Likes

Wow…that looks awesome . Love the blue with the watch display.

1 Like

thanks, and that looks great. honestly, i have a full access subscription to adobe stock, so i pulled mine from there. i have a few more i’ve downloaded.

i like that you pushed yours all the way up to the edge of the watch. i hesitated to do that at first, but I think i’ll be more adventurous there, and try to just avoid the three mounting points.

my wife bought 3 or 4 more straps, we just have to decide what to put on them. and i bought 3 regular watch straps in silicone that i’m trying to decide what to do with.

1 Like

Looks great! I’ve been doing bands for a while now. Here are some of the ones I’ve done.

14 Likes

Awesome! May I ask what paint you use?

Craftsmart Individual Oil paint pens made in China, sold at Michaels. Do not buy the sets because the sets come from Japan and it’s a different formula than the individual ones from China. If in doubt, read the small print on the package. As far as using alcohol to clean off the excess, make sure the paint is almost dry, otherwise it will thin out the oil in the crevices and it will wash away. I use just enough alcohol to wipe off thick excess but the smears I wait until its dry thoroughly, then take a toothbrush and liquid soap ( I use hand soap) and scrub the smears off, then rinse. Some people use nothing but alcohol. I just don’t like thinning the paint in the crevices. Plus, using a toothbrush ensures that the paint is going to stay in the crevices if the watchband ever gets wet by the customer.

12 Likes