I just got an orange button. Yesterday i got a green button. What does this mean?

Ive seen a few suppositions that this is temp related so let me give you the rundown.
Glowforge pro is indoors.
Ambient temp averages 65’F in the basement room where its kept. it can get a s warm as 75 if i run a heater in there but not any cooler.
Yesterdays button (green) was following 2 prints of 15 min at full power 150 speed.
Todays was following a 45 sec print at full Power same speed.
No other prints in the last 2 days.
Outdoor temp was just over 75 yesterday and is currently 32 today. (got to love Colorado).
Neither generated a message on the GFUI. but yesterdays cleared the status message and the color when I pressed the button. Today pressing it has had no effect on either.

I’m not sure what a green button means outside of the initial setup.

The yellow button used to mean “check the app for instructions.” If there are any, they will appear in very small text next to the Print button.

If you don’t have a message showing there, you might just try turning off the machine for a minute or two, log out of the app, and then turn the machine back on and let it finish the startup calibration before logging back into the app.

Maybe it’s trying to update.

I left it for an hour just in case it was a temp issue. No change.
I noticed the blower was running when I came back. Pretty sure its been doing this the whole time.

Reset and it seems fine again. But it was off all night so I cant be sure its not just gonna do it again next print.

If it does, that’s more data to share with support, so give it a try. :slightly_smiling_face:

(By blower, do you mean the circulating pump? That runs all the time when it’s on. The exhaust fan on the left rear of the machine only runs when a job is in progress.)

No, not the pump. Its the fan. The blower was running but I dont think it was at full speed following the print.

Hmmmmn. Might need to get some input from support on this one. Don’t think the fans are supposed to run unless it’s overheated, and I’m not even sure they do then. (Haven’t personally run into it recently.)

You’re not actually having a problem with cutting correct? It’s just shutting down with a yellow error button after the job finishes?

Definitely something support needs to look into I’m afraid.

:neutral_face: Good luck. Wish I had something more helpful to offer.

How’s your WiFi down there?

The teal (but often called green) button is related to the WiFi set up (where it broadcasts an access point for you to connect to). But you usually only get this: on initial turn-on out of the package, or if you press and hold the button for 10 seconds.

No problem on the WIFI. The wired repeater is only 10 ft away.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Would you please check the following for me:

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.
  3. Push down fully on the wire ribbon tab to unplug the wire ribbon from the printer head. Pull the wire ribbon gently away and tuck it into the laser arm.
  4. Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon
  5. Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon into the head until it clicks.
  6. As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.
  7. Gently move the printer head so it sits under the camera.
  8. Turn your Glowforge back on
  9. Send us the photo of the gold pins from step 4.

Thank you in advance!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.