I just got THE email... you know the one!

That’s how I feel!

so…
Just checking in. Proofgrade Materials haven’t typically been shipped all that far in advance of a machine.

1 Like

Yeah, no kidding… However, I just got home and checked email and they sent me notification that it SHIPPED TODAY!!! Estimated delivery date is Friday it looks like… HOLY COW—THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!!! I’ve got so much to do still!

22 Likes

Congrats!! Still nothing fir me but an order of :proofgrade :cry:

1 Like

Hey, a shipment of proofgrade material is at least a step in the right direction. Here’s hoping your wait (and everyone else’s) isn’t much longer!

7 Likes

Just checked UPS and I can’t believe I’m seeing that this thing is supposed to arrive tomorrow! I may have drug my family out for a bit of last minute shopping at Hobby Lobby this evening (not that it takes much to convince my wife to go there) and came home about $100 later with bags of extra material for lasering.

I’ve read the instruction manual (It’s a quick read!) and I have some things lined-up to do tomorrow but I’m so anxious I don’t even know where to start (clean the house, nail down what designs I’m cutting on which material, start building some of those designs in Illustrator, scour the forums to make sure I don’t melt my lungs this weekend, purchase the stuff I stacked up in my Amazon cart in preparation for this day, run some more errands after it arrives for a few other necessities I thought I had so much more time for).

So much to do… So little time—and it’s getting harder for me to even sit still!

23 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Congrats!
Still nothing here

me too. Clearly 13 isn’t a very lucky # :frowning:

Doent appear to be

We’re back to being mushrooms. Something is obviously going on with the productions lines. The best guess I have is that the basic was being produced on a temporary line where they were figuring out the process and they’re now moving it to a full production line so we’ll see quantity increase for July, and unfortunately your units weren’t complete before the production line move. The Pro will take over the temp line for July and will ramp up in August. I’m basing this guess on the December update and the plan to start with hundreds per month and ramp up a month later.

1 Like

Dan said this in March:

We paused production briefly last week to transfer assembly to our new, long-term, high-volume production line; we’re excited to get the new line rolling again this week.

So they should already be on the high volume production line but it doesn’t seem to be making high volumes even now.

2 Likes

I agree. I certainly hope that production ramps up and soon otherwise the math isn’t going to work for end of Oct/Nov. Maybe what we’re seeing is one line and they’re going to multiple lines for July. I’ve no idea how many units a line can manufacture, and I mean absolutely zero idea.

1 Like

I would imagine a single line could make at least double figures per day but we are not seeing that. Dan mentioned soak testing for a week which would be a big problem when making 80 per day.

1 Like

My Glowforge is now IN MY CITY! %@#$! gettin’ real! :astonished:

17 Likes

Get out the tracking drones and chase that delivery vehicle down… WooHoo!!!

5 Likes

The only negative thing is that my delivery window tomorrow is “by end of day”. That means I’ll probably spend 12 hours or more running to the window every time a twig snaps outside! Not complaining, though! :grinning:

12 Likes

At least you will be at home and not at work.

2 Likes

So true!

I know the feeling… That was me this morning… Luckily, I only had to wait until about 10:30 or so this morning… IT’S FINALLY HERE!!! (and it’s awesome!)

New thread incoming!

16 Likes