I Love Lamp! Pentagonal Hexecontahedron

I created a Pentagonal hexecontahedron out of acrylic and attached it to a lamp base I got off Amazon. I added a “cheap” Alexa-enabled smart bulb to be able to change the color. I need to replace a couple of panels due to me scratching the acrylic, but it also needs to be wiped down inside and out. If I had to do it again, I would use a wood border versus the gray acrylic. I’d also use gray filament for the 3D printed internals instead of white. Overall, I’m happy with the way it turned out. The base has a USB socket for charging as well.

Want to make your own Pentagonal Hexecontahedron? Files to 3D print the internals can be found on Etsy.

77 Likes

Stunning!

2 Likes

We really need a wow button! Great work!

6 Likes

I like the gray acrylic gives an industrial look.

5 Likes

I agree with nancielaing - need a Wow button.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: Fantastic!

4 Likes

Those surreal reflections are really something else. As always, you’re pushing back the frontiers of poly 3D!

3 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

now that is awesome -

1 Like

That is pretty fantastic! I imagine it took hours to bolt the thing together. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Impressive

1 Like

Amazing, what is the reason for so many screws ?

1 Like

That looks awesome.

1 Like

That’s what attaches each face to the 3D printed internals.

Oh, that is beautiful.

1 Like

I receive my GF on Monday and have a lift if must due projects first. However if I can get to it I am wanting to do some “stainglass” work out of acrylic. How did you attach your pieces?

1 Like

The colored acrylic is pressure fit into the border acrylic using a kerf adjustment of ~.008 and then attached via screws to the 3D printed internals. No glue.

What screws did you use? These have a great look to them. Any internal pictures?

M3 screws, 16mm.

4 Likes