Pentagonal Hexacontahedron #3

I rarely make the same shape more than once, but came up with an idea for showcasing the inside of a polyhedral, and it was easier modifying an existing design. I struggle sometime coming up with ideas for the outside of my polyhedrals, so this one focuses on the inside. The first one I made was a multicolored lamp using acrylic. The second was the collaborative group project polyhedral from a few years ago. I’ve been asked a bunch of time what do the polyhedrals look like on the inside? This project uses clear acrylic so you can see the 3d printed connectors, which I edited into multi-colored spikes.

What’s it like on the inside?

But wait, there’s more!

Since I already had the parts designed from a previous project, I made it a lamp! Seeing it lit up, I really need to clean the fingerprints off the acrylic, but this is a pretty fun desk lamp!

38 Likes

That looks really cool!!

10 Likes

Making it a lamp really made the project shine.

I’ll see myself out.

16 Likes

I love the videos from the inside! What a great way to showcase the skeleton of your polyhedral. The fact that it ended up a lamp is icing on the cake. Great project.

12 Likes

Geez!! You never fail to amaze me.

10 Likes

Whoah, this is amazing.

10 Likes

Challenge accepted!

10 Likes

Absolutely bonkers! Great work.

9 Likes

Another cool one

8 Likes

That is so cool! I love that you tweaked your existing design to get a completely new look!

7 Likes

A multicolored torture chamber worthy of Tomas de Torquemada. :joy:

Congratulations @pubultrastar for again sharing your impressive creations.

10 Likes

Now it just needs to be smaller then a fist and have numbers on it so I can use it for D&D :rofl:

9 Likes

Oh my gosh! That is so totally cool! The videos are great, and that lamp!! Absolutely stunning!

6 Likes

Fantastic! Your creations are always amazing.

6 Likes

Oh wow, I think this one is my favorite! The colors are mesmerizing.

7 Likes

Amazing. I’m speechless. (and BTW, pretty awesome kitchen, too.)

7 Likes

That is a fascinating lamp I really am impressed with it. The view from inside looks entirely too accusatory for my liking. I’d rather see it from the outside. Thanks for sharing this with us.

6 Likes

wow this is amazing!!! I need to upgrade my brain.

4 Likes