I need live support. Not daily emails

My glowforge is dead.

For almost a week now. It started with connection problems, then some crazy X axis problem. Now it’s been stuck at homing for the last 4 days.

I would go into more detail, but I already explained everything in emails. Problem is, I get a response every one or two days asking me to try this and that, and it’s all things I’ve already tried. When I reply, someone’s writes back to me saying “now try this”. And it takes another 24-48 hours to get another response.

I need to get in touch with someone that can answer more than one question a day. Im beyond frustrated.

I’m so behind on orders, I had to drive to another state to borrow a friends machine until this is fixed. Today someone replied “looks like all your prints have been working fine, I’m glad you figured it out”

NO. The prints are working because I now have a second machine. MY machine is still a brick right now. Now I have to wait another 24-48 hours for you guys to read that email and respond again.

Someone please help.

Could be having connection issues again? what happened before and how did you sort them out?

Hate to tell you this but that’s not how it works here. It’s email, this forum OR… at times during business hours they do have a chat feature here. If you simply can’t wait, I would try that.

1 Like

The first issue was the laser wasn’t moving left and right. I was in the middle of a cut and it made the up and down movements but didn’t move along the X axis. Pretty much burned a vertical line over and over in the same spot.

I shut it down for the day and it seemed to have started working fine the next.

Then came the connection issues. After every single print (Ive been cutting face masks and the cut is only 50 seconds, but after every single cut, the machine went offline. I had to restart and start the whole homing and centering process between each cut. I reset everything, bought a new router, moved it to a different room, connected to my phone hotspot, nothing fixed it. Granted, it was still working, but a huge pain to have to reset the machine after every cut.

A couple days later, it got stuck homing. The bed image has been the same for days. I tried all the different ways to troubleshoot the homing problem. Cleaned lenses, recalibrated, checked black cable, removed carriage, double checked all belts, etc. The print head is not moving left and right again. It moves up and down but when it tries to center under the camera, the laser will not move. If I move the printhead to the center before powering up, I can hear it trying to move but it won’t. If it start it in the top left, it moves down just fine but unable to move to the right, to calibrate with the camera. I’m guessing its the x axis motor.

I am using my friends machine in the meantime, and it has been working flawless. No connection issues whatsoever. In the same home, in the same spot, on the same network as my old machine.

I have no idea if the two problems are related or if its just a coincidence that both of them started happening days apart. Either way, my machine is a brick at the moment and I need to get it fixed. I get an email once a day, if that, and once I reply, it takes them another day to respond to that. Not acceptable at all.

I’m just hoping I’ll have more luck on here. I’ll try the chat feature tomorrow.

It’s not always available but if you can catch them, it’s the way to go.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’m just very frustrated, someone finally replied to my email today and thought everything was fine again because I’ve been printing. Not realizing I had to get a whole second machine. Now I have to wait another 24-48 before they read my reply.

Sry but I can’t add any info to help, seems like you have been through most things already.

I’m so sorry for the frustration. Thank you so much for helping us troubleshoot. You’ve been more than patient.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ve already reached out via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like