I think I've isolated one cause of "We're sorry, an error occurred while preparing this print"

Very impressive research. Makes me wonder what SVG library they’re using. If it’s open source, and we can figure out some bugs and contribute the fixes to the project, our Glowforge’s get better! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m thinking it’s custom. Based on it failing at the preparing stage, the is presumably the cloud motion planning SVG-to-waveforms code, unfortunately, which would be secret sauce.

1 Like

Yeah, could be.

The long version of my post, which I actually did write a mountain of text on, also confirmed that the transformation issues weren’t triggered by vector shapes.

(The file that was failing had an engrave pass and a cut pass. Both had been grouped together in Illustrator, and transformed together, so those instructions were present. Disabling the engrave pass made it acceptable. Disabling the cut pass did nothing.)

Anyway, this research does help a lot.

I should be able to throw a quick “flip SVG in x” app together in Processing, which applies one of the transformations we know will get the job done.

That’d be less overhead than loading up Illustrator, and less obtrusive than going all the way back to Photoshop and having to re-assemble layers in Illustrator.

This idea holds promise.

2 Likes

Thanks for the discussion, all! I’m sorry for any inconvenience. As @chris1 pointed out, there’s an issue with our software in handling images that include flipped bitmaps and it looks like that what’s happening here. We will be making improvements in this area.

1 Like