- Made a print. No problems. But I needed to flip X.
- Went back to Illustrator, performed the transformation. Saved a new SVG.
- Tried to print. Failed horribly.
“We’re sorry, an error occurred while preparing this print”
- Lots of things weren’t the problem.
- Went back to Photoshop, flipped the bitmap there.
- Re-imported to Illustrator, and embedded as a new image
- Saved a new SVG with no transformations in Illustrator, and sent that to GFUI.
- Glowforge is happily printing again.
EVEN SHORTER VERSION:
Don’t transform bitmaps in Illustrator.
…is a novel, and I’m only five chapters in.
(I’ve decided to just post my outline, and hold off on the rest of it until my literary agent gives me the go-ahead.)
(this could take a while, as I don’t have a literary agent)
But, hey! If you want to exchange notes on the “lots of things weren’t the problem” part, we can do some Q&A here.