I think my alignment is off more than the average user!

or even better have us place the corners up to the corners of our tray so that we dont need a piece of material to do it.

Yup, there are lots of variables, but IMO this forum is unique (and not in a good way) in the manner that people with problems are piled on.

because if it knows what the size of the tray of the machine is and we place the corners where we ā€œSEEā€ the corners of it at then it should be able to calculate where to base our print area.

Iā€™d be happy with a workflow that includes a step with a beam of light that shows the center of your design, like a zero toolhead feature. Itā€™s possible to do this with a low power pass but the workflow is really slow to do this way.

I know what you mean. I have been here a while though and they are helpful when we need them a lot of times, but I deffinently agree that if it is not the fault of the user for once it is hard to find a solution here. I am more than happy to point a finger at myself but I had stated plenty of times that I know how to measure a 3d object.

idk if you knew but there is also a red light on the laser already that would be easy to use to line up prints if they allowed it, just watch next time it prepares a print, the light comes on while it gets ready.

I was one of the original backers and cancelled (I rebought after they started shipping and dropped the price), I have been here a while too. The regulars have been through lots of haters and doubters, and as a result there is often a real defensive tone.

I guess it sucks that you feel that way, since 99% of the posts in this particular category are attempts to assist.

A number of folks have been around here for a long time, and have read pretty much every single post in this category and have a good idea of what the most common symptoms of a problem are. A large percentage of problems posted here are solved before Support gets to the issue. People have cumulatively taken hundreds of hours out of their days to fix hundreds of files that are posing problems for people.

2 Likes

I ordered may 2nd 2016 and have only really read the forms and see what you mean.

right but when I say that it is not a focus issue from the user they try to still say it is a focus height issue that I put in the wrong number. I accounted for the slight difference from the height of the tray and the height I had in but sence I put 1 1/2" to begin with that is what they thought. seeing as others have this issue and it may indeed be a software issue tells me that it needs to and can be fixed.

1 Like

Yes, there are lots of helpful people, and Iā€™ve benefitted from many of them. My opinion is just that. You donā€™t need to agree. I might not agree if I had a working machine with better alignment. However, I have a machine that hasnā€™t felt right since it came out of the box, and Iā€™ve been straight up blown off by support four or five times now about it. So itā€™s frustrating to be told the same set of things Iā€™ve already tried because I read the instructions.

Thanks for taking the time to run those tests and post the results. Iā€™ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we canā€™t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so Iā€™m recommending we replace this one. Iā€™ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. Iā€™m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like